Thursday, May 25, 2006

Selle Anatomica Titanico early review

I've got a little over 400 miles on this saddle so far and am happy to report no discomfort or numbness. Granted none of my rides have been over 3 hours so the jury is still out on long term comfort. Have noticed a few potential issues:
  • The front sides of the saddle tend to flare out a bit and this combined with the rough edge of the leather is quickly wearing holes in my cycling shorts. I admit some of this might be due to my knees inward pedaling style but I really think the saddle could use a connector piece - similar to that found on the Brooks Swallow - to keep the front sides from doing this.
  • The saddle developed a creaking noise last night. This could be mildly annoying or extremely disconcerting. Need to try and get to the bottom of this.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Just curious
I just ordered one - I'm having saddle issues had changed from a Terry Butterfly to a Selle Italia Ldy but not doing the job I had hoped. Also looking to do PBP in 07 - I have my first 600k this weekend.