Sunday, May 14, 2006

Creature Comforts

Recently received a sample of a Selle Anatomica Titanico saddle. It's pretty much a somewhat updated Brooks. Modern touches include a pressure relieving cutout, weatherproof leather, rails more compatible with modern bikes, and an allen head adjustment bolt.

My experience with cut out saddles has not been a good one, to put it charitably, so I'm a bit apprehensive about this. We'll find out how well it works tomorrow when I ride home from work.

Also new is the Fizik bar tape. I briefly had some shellaced cloth tape but that turned out to be one of the most uncomfortable things I've ever done to my bike. It looked fantastic but the lack of any cushioning was agony on the hands forcing me to wear gloves (which I prefer not to do). The Fizik tape looks and feels like leather and goes on as easily as cork. It's a little thinner than cork but provides a good amount of cushioning and grip. I really like this tape!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Saw you on the cover of the Seattle PI over the weekend. Congrats on the house! Sure takes away from riding time though doesn't it? :-)

We're in Wedgwood doing the same thing, working on the inside during the winter and outside during the summer.

Great Blog
Duane Draper