Monday, January 08, 2007

Baby steps to Paris

I'm planning to do Paris-Brest-Paris this summer and I have admit my training has been a little less than disciplined so far. Between a new baby and an old house I haven't been on the bike much in recent months. Now that we're into 2007 and the event is less than 9 months away I've decided to buckle down and actually start training. The Seattle International Randonneurs start their training rides next week and I plan to start attending those. Also dedicating myself to spending some time on the trainer every night. Not the same as actually riding on the road but my current job lacks the facilities to enable bike commuting and riding at night in the rain probably isn't the safest thing for a new father to do. When (if?) the weather dries up I'll start logging some actual road miles at night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

REI doesn't have good bike commuter facilities?

It's tough to get any kind of training in with a new baby at home. I have 2 kids, and if i didn't bike commute most of the time (current icebox conditions aside), i'd hardly get any miles in.

Good luck with PBP! Wish i could be there!

C said...

REI has AMAZING bike facilities. Unfortunately, I know longer work there. My new company is a fairly small office and has no facilities.